Friday, June 09, 2006

Finally finishing the Trailer for my film!!

I haven't posted for a while, so I thought I'd post something to let everyone know how I'm doing.

I'm still on the job-hunt. Unfortunately, nothing has solidified yet job-wise. I've lost count how many resumes I've sent out, but I've not given up hope. There are always new job postings around. Sooner or later, a company will notice my skills.

In the meantime, I've been working on my film, "Killing Schrodinger's Cats" to keep me sane. For those of you who are just tuning in or don't know, "Killing Schrodinger's Cats" is my first independent (read shoe-string or no-budget) feature-length film, one that I wrote and directed. I'm currently in post-production with the help of a few of my friends. The only thing I can say about it right now is that it's a psychological thriller with a dose of science-fiction for good measure. It's also my experiment in controlled improvisational performance. No script or screenplay was written for this project, although a detailed story was indeed written and used. Dialogue and a good part of the action was improvised. The result is that I got a phenominal performance from my actors. I just can't wait for it to be done!

In any case, I'm putting the finishing touches on the trailer for it (Hooray!!). As soon as I can, I'll post it up on this blog for you all to see.

Take care and keep you eyes posted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ping Kin, i've downloaded your flim already, it's a bit difficult to follow unless you are on drugs. Why didn't you choose someone easier on the eyes than the chubby dude?
**the submariner **

King-Pin said...

Ha Ha! Very funny.

For the record, that guy is a really good actor who I've had the pleasure working with before. I chose him because of the performance skills he possesses.

Actually, I'd like to know how you've already downloaded it. I haven't posted the trailer yet, or finished my film. Doing the film has been a difficult (but still enjoyable) process; one that I've been making much headway into it. There's still a lot of work left to do on it.

Anonymous said...

In the version of the film I saw, the cast gives an amateur performance which is par for the course; the camera work was definitely something that Richard Donner would not put his name to. I swear I've seen the female lead in another film and the other guy too. The carpenters did a reasonable job though; it looks like the set was built to last at least a few weeks. I've just got back from an HD shoot where I was the DOP (very intense) and will take a look at the trailer shortly. Keep working at it, dude. **the submariner**

Anonymous said...

"The carpenters did a reasonable job though; it looks like the set was built to last at least a few weeks."

You've tripped up, Mr. Submariner. (If that IS your real name.) I was there for part of the shoot and it wasn't 'built' at all. (Well, maybe a few decades ago along with the rest of that housing subdivision.)

Anonymous said...

I'm with the Submariner on this one. I downloaded your film from a web site. I dunno if its the same one that the Submariner got his from. It looks bad, man. Its like it was shot with a home video camera. Keep trying.